Building on the Designing for Cisco Internetwork
Solutions (DESGN) v2.0 course, the students will learn additional
aspects of modular campus and edge network design, including high
availability, security, quality of service (QoS), network management,
data center, and IP multicast. In addition, the students will be able
to design solutions for the network that are strategic to small,
medium, and large enterprises, including virtual private networking,
wireless, and IP telephony. The course covers issues and considerations
for fundamental infrastructure services, including security, network
management, QoS, high availability, and bandwidth use optimization
through IP multicasting, and also design models for network solutions
such as voice networking and application networking. The course focuses
on design concepts based on the new Cisco SONA Architecture,
emphasizing that Cisco delivers integrated and embedded services.
- Introduce the Cisco Service Oriented Network Architecture (SONA)
framework, and explain how it addresses enterprise network needs for
performance, scalability, and availability.
- Describe how the Cisco Enterprise Network model is used in the SONA framework for designing enterprise networks.
- Create conceptual, intermediate, and detailed enterprise
campus network, and enterprise edge and remote infrastructure designs
that offer effective functionality, performance, scalability, and
- Create conceptual, intermediate, and detailed intelligent
network service designs for network management, high availability,
security, QoS, and IP multicast.
- Create conceptual, intermediate, and detailed virtual private network designs.
- Create conceptual, intermediate, and detailed voice over wireless network designs.
To gain the prerequisite skills and knowledge, learners must have the CCNA, CCDA, BCMSN, and BCSI certifications.
- The recommended courses for CCNA are Introduction to Cisco
Networking Technologies (INTRO) and Interconnecting Cisco Network
- The recommended courses for CCDA is Designing Cisco Internetwork Solutions (DESGN)
- The recommended courses for BSCI is Building Scalable Cisco Internetworks (BSCI)
- The recommended courses for BCMSN is Building Cisco Multilayer Switched Networks (BCMSN)
Learners should complete the following courses or must have equivalent experience:
- Implementing Secure Converged WANs (ISCW)
- Optimized Converged Cisco Networks (ONT)
The following courses are recommended:
- Cisco Voice Over IP (CVOICE)
- Cisco BGP
Who Should Attend
The primary audience for this course is as follows:
- Channel Partner / Reseller